Enable Shadow Copies (Enable Previous Versions)
- Click Start , point to Administrative Tools , and then click Computer Management .
- In the console tree, right-click Shared Folders , click All Tasks , and then click Configure Shadow Copies .
- The window that opens will look something like this, displaying all of your local disks:
- In Select a volume , click the volume that you want to enable Shadow Copies of Shared Folders for, and then click Enable .
- You will see an alert that Windows will create a shadow copy now with the current settings and that the settings might not be appropriate for servers with high I/O loads.
Click Yes if you want to continue or No if you want to select a different volume or settings.
After hitting Yes, a shadow copy was taken and a schedule created to continue automatic copies.
- The default schedule takes two shadow copies per day. Once at 7:00AM and again at 12:00PM every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Modify the schedule:
- In Select a Volume, select the volume you want to modify and hit Settings below.
- A window will appear with settings for the selected volume:
- Click Schedule to continue:
3. Modify the schedule according to your requirements and hit OK.
Congratulations! You’ve enabled shadow copies, or previous versions of files, in Windows Server 2012 R2.
You must log in to post a comment.